Director of Facilities
Director of Facilities
Job Type: Staff
Job Status: Full-time
Date Posted: 09/24/2021
Desired fill date: Open until filled
Reports to: CFO
Supervision required: No
The Director of Facilities will oversee the operation of all campus buildings. The Director of Facilities will be responsible for coordinating the management of programs, policies and procedures related to the operations and maintenance of the Prescott College campus including; Electrical, Carpentry, Plumbing, Custodial Services, Building Maintenance, Landscaping and Grounds. The position is focused on cost-effective, efficient, and responsible strategies that respond to campus needs
- Responsible for the daily operations, maintenance and repair of the College campus.
- Manage maintenance and custodial personnel, contract labor and temporary personnel in the general maintenance, repair, renovation, modification, custodial and landscaping services to the campus.
- Duties extend to the participation, as an integral member of the campus risk management team.
- Lead in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures. Makes recommendations on new or existing policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and develop preventative maintenance programs for campus buildings.
- Manage the scheduling of work assignments in all areas of Facilities.
- Responsible for detecting, securing and insuring facilities employees have proper equipment and supplies to complete assigned tasks and/or project.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed per industry and institutional standards.
- Manages all facilities employee's planned time off requests to ensure adequate support for the day to day activities and special events of the institution
- Analyze and evaluate the department’s work force needs and capabilities. Implement modifications as needed in an efficient, productive and comprehensive process.
- Complete the initial screening and interview candidates for department positions. Present, well thought out recommendations on the hiring of new facilities employees and be able to defend recommendations.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer/CFO, to develop, build and manage operating and capital budgets
- Ensure all required annual safety training is determined, provided, successfully completed and documented
- Responsible for the positions related policies of the College, including that safety regulations are effectively communicated and observed by all staff.
- Remain up to date on all appropriate safety, codes, and applicable health care regulations (OSHA, Life Safety, etc.)
- Perform building inspections, create work orders as necessary to correct any deficiencies, followed-up to ensure compliance and completions
- Input, track, and monitor work orders for assigned buildings. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, enter, track, and close out work orders. Assist staff with completion of service requests (Hands On) when necessary.
- Responsible for all work completed by the department and that the work is correct when completed and in a timely fashion.
- Schedule annual fire dept. inspections and fire alarm testing and all other department related facilities testing as required by College policy, state, federal, local and/or departmental regulation(s).
- Serve as the institution’s property management liaison for leased College properties.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or three years of direct full-time professional experience in facilities management or related field.
- Currently possess, maintain and update as required, an appropriate valid Arizona (AZ) Driver's License.
- Requires a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations.
- Must be a “hands on” leader as well as being able to manage and effectively communicate with a vibrant and diverse team.
- Experienced in the administration of the daily operations, maintenance and repair a college campus or similar property.
- Working knowledge of appropriate Health Care Regulations/Codes, OSHA, Life Safety Codes etc.
- Previous record of retaining new employees, while serving in a supervisorial capacity.
- Must possess excellent management skills and articulate a comprehensive management philosophy or style.
- Certified and/or licensed in building trades, building safety systems, building operations, and/or facilities management