Department: Student Life/Housing
Job Type: Staff
Job Status: Part-time
Date Posted: 09/28/2021
Desired fill date: Open until filled
Reports to: Director of Residence Life
Supervision required: No
Directly responsible for the daily operation and coordination of the campus mail and service center which includes, but is not limited to, student workers, overseeing the processing of incoming and outgoing mail, overseeing bulk mail processing, overseeing copy and binding services, and performing generalized customer service functions. Includes limited responsibilities for online retail sales.
- Oversees and coordinates all operations of the Service Center
- Prioritize, oversee and delegate job assignments to work study students and workers, ensures timely completion of deadlines.
- Ensures security and safety measures for the Service Center.
- Prepares mail processor for daily operations, submits requisitions to Business Office for postage funds, verifies and transfers necessary monies to postage machine, schedules maintenance and repair for Service Center equipment.
- Incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Processing, sorting, and distribution of postal and intercampus mail. Prepares and meters outgoing mail.
- Monitors recording and tagging of incoming courier packages, and verifies accuracy of courier labels on outgoing mail.
- Bulk mail processing and copy and binding services.
- Obtains materials, oversees stuffing, labeling, sorting and binding of mail, oversees sealing and metering, prepares bulk mailing forms, and advises Post Office of bulk mail completion and arranges for delivery.
- Prioritizes and schedules copy and binding requests, ensures copyright compliance, notifies customers of completion.
- Supervises student workers, establishes work schedules, approves and submits time sheets. Prepares and maintains all Service Center records for copying, postage, equipment repair, etc.
- Advises constituents of services, costs and procedures, assists constituents with telephone or in- person requests.
- Process sales from online merchandise store - including payment, packaging and shipping
Education and Experience
Associates degree or equivalent schooling required.
- Experience in mailroom operations preferred.
- Customer Service
- Office/clerical support.
- Competent knowledge of word processing, basic software applications, and e-mail communication.