Sr. Associate Director of Admissions
Sr. Associate Director of Admissions
Job Type: Staff
Job Status: Full-time
Date Posted: 07/07/2021
Desired fill date: Open until filled
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Supervision required: No
Prescott College is Arizona’s only private, non-profit, liberal arts university and has regularly been recognized as one of the most innovative colleges in the nation for our various self-directed, interdisciplinary, competency-based programs.
With an emphasis on growing our on-campus and online undergraduate programs, the college seeks a dynamic and committed individual to help execute the next stages of the college’s undergraduate enrollment management strategies. The Sr. Associate Director of Admissions will work closely with the Director of Admissions to drive strategy, develop lean admissions processes, and mentor and train undergraduate recruitment and admissions team members.
- Collaborates with Director of Undergrad Admissions, program directors, marketing, college leadership, and teammates to develop customer annual outreach and recruiting plans.
- Create High School & Community College presentations
- Manage team performance toward enrollment goals with a data driven approach, creating and monitoring reports to assess effectiveness and efficiency.
- Nurture an adaptable, motivated and cohesive team through mentorship and training. Partner with the Director of Admissions to create professional development opportunities for team members. Train new team members. Demonstrate servant leadership, shared vision, and a commitment to excellent service to students.
- Monitor and manage students in the CRM system, tracking application progress, creating reports, and ensuring accurate data input.
- Identify target markets and community partnerships through market research, data analysis, and relationship cultivation to build successful new student enrollment pipelines with multiple admissions terms. Leverage competitor analysis, market trends and SWOT to stay in front of program trends.
- Occasionally travel regionally to build and expand existing, creative, and mutually beneficial relationships with students, parents, alumni, educators, corporations, and other targeted individuals and audiences. Support existing strategic partnerships and assist in the establishment of new partnerships.
- Participate in team and leadership meetings, receptions, forums, and corporate presentations to enhance recruitment and campus-based student support efforts.
- Partner with admissions leaders and financial aid office to develop, implement, and adjust an annual student financial aid awarding plan.
- Act as liaison with the marketing team to communicate branding and marketing initiatives to the graduate recruitment team. Monitors CRM communication plan for updates and accuracy.
- Develops top-quality information sessions, organizes recruitment events, and other activities to connect with, engage, and inform future students. Creates opportunities to generate new student leads, in addition to and in partnership with, marketing.
- Cross-train to promote both undergraduate and graduate programs at Prescott College at various on-campus and off-campus events. Partners with the Graduate Admissions team as needed.
- Work with other campus departments and entities (e.g.: financial aid, orientation, housing) to manage matriculation processes
- Planning on-campus and virtual Prescott College events, including Preview Days, Accepted Student Days, Open Houses, Information Sessions, and Check-in, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible undergrad admissions experience. Proven ability to meet or exceed performance goals.
- Substantial knowledge of the undergraduate education market, specifically for on-campus students, and preferably that for private or liberal arts colleges
- Experience in hiring, training, and supervising staff.
- Experience in development/execution of a CRM system (Slate preferred)
- Proven ability to develop and manage cohesive, highly-productive teams. Ability to drive execution to reach enrollment goals.
- Experience in quantitative analysis, data-driven decision making, report generation, and strategic planning.
- Understanding of advanced practices and ethics of staff development and student recruitment, including a thorough knowledge of CRM-based (preferably Technolutions Slate) approaches to recruiting and communications.
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with other contact management, student information systems, and customer relationship management tools.
- And understanding and experience in creative marketing and outreach strategies including social media and digital initiatives.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by heavy daily travel, large workloads, deadline pressures and high standards.
- Excellent written, oral communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other constituents.
- Living in, or interested in relocating to Prescott, Arizona at a future date.